JOB DESCRIPTION Training & Development Coordinator
Ref: T&DC May 22
Job Title: Training & Development Coordinator
Accountable to: Support Service Manager
Responsible for: Staff in the development and delivery of programmes
Location: Any WAAD venue as required.
Summary of Post:
1/ To assist the Manager in the coordination and delivery of the Wellbeing, Hope & Resilience project.
2/ Develop, resource and implement a suite of wellbeing programmes and activities in line with the HSCNI “Step Care Model” (Regional Mental Health Care Pathway) (You In Mind)
3/ Lead on the achievement of WAAD becoming an OCN accredited centre of excellence.
4/ Deputising for Support Services Manager
5/ Recruitment, processing and management of volunteers and placements.
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSONAL SPECIFICATION Ref: WB SW/35-FTC
Job Title: Wellbeing Support Worker (Fixed term contract) 35hrs.
Accountable To: Support Service Mamager
Responsible For: Wellbeing Buddies.
Women’s Aid Armaghdown currently has four separate venues from which we provide support services. Our Refuge provides safe secure crisis accommodation to women and their children and our Resource Centres provides a wide range of support services to women living in the community.
This post can be required to work from any of our venues in Armagh, Newry or Portadown but is predominantly based in the Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon Area.
- To support and empower women, and their children, using Women’s Aid services who have experienced domestic/sexual abuse and violence (and other forms of violence against them), to make their own decisions.
- To support the ethos, vision & aims of Women’s Aid in supporting and empowering women and children.
- To provide a range of wellbeing interventions and support processes and programmes for women who have been living with the impact of domestic/sexual violence and abuse.
- To address the impact on mental health & wellbeing as a consequence of Covid19. The staff will support women in the community who have experienced DA, to promote independent living, focusing on the exacerbation of mental health, chronic loneliness, isolation and poverty, while being responsive to the needs that arise as we move into a “new normal”.
- Assist with the design, create, implementation and monitoring of the Wellbeing Buddies element of the larger project that is in line with Women’s Aid development plans and is responsive to the need of service users.
- Support and guide Wellbeing Buddy volunteers who will work with women to identify their own hopes and goals. Along with these volunteers, staff will motivate service users to engage in activities to increase resilience and maintain wellbeing. As well as supporting service users to develop confidence and increase self-esteem in a supportive environment.
- Develop, resource and implement a basket of wellbeing activities for the project.
- Assist the Coordinator with the design, implementation and facilitation of wellbeing programmes.
- To work with a wide range of women who may have complex needs.
- To take all possible steps to ensure the safety, confidentiality/data protection and reduction of risk of the service users, staff and the management of Women’s Aid.