Subject: REACT Victims And Survivors Project Administration And Finance Officer (Maternity Cover) Job Vacancy
REACT are recruiting an Administration And Finance Officer Maternity Cover post for the REACT Victims And Survivors Project.
The Administration and Finance Officer will operate as part of a team responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the REACT Victims and Survivors Project.
The Administration and Finance Officer will operate as part of a team responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the REACT Victims and Survivors Project. The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to provide administration and financial assistance to the Project Officer and other REACT staff as required. The post is based in the REACT office, Armagh.
Salary: £11.57 per hour
Hours of Employment: Part Time 20 hours per week
Contract: 1st December 2019 to the 31st March 2020 with the possibility of an extension to the 31st September 2020 subject to continuing funding. This post is funded under the Victims and Survivors Service on behalf of the Executive Office and is subject to funding from the Victims and Survivors Service.
Closing date: Monday 21st October 2019 12:00pm
The post holder will:
- Provide administrative support to the Project Officer in relation to the Victims and Survivors Project and as directed to other appropriate personnel.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of accounts and the submission of financial claims and verifications, and income and expenditure reports to the Victims and Survivors Service.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of monitoring spreadsheets and the submission of monitoring returns to the Victims and Survivors Service.
- Maintain computer databases and records for project participants, deal with public enquiries, etc.
- Take minutes of meetings in relation to this project and assist with the preparation of associated documents if required.
- Be responsible for the reception of visitors, switchboard duties and photocopying in relation to this project.
- Assist with the organisation of programme activities and events.
- Have a flexible attitude to working evenings and weekends when required.
- Recognised level 2 IT qualification e.g. ECDL, Clait, City and Guilds IT diploma
- Proficiency in the use of databases and spreadsheets including Access and Excel
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office package including desk top publishing
- Good listening and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and use initiative in the development of sound organisational procedures
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of office procedures including filing systems, e-mail and internet services etc
- Proficiency in the use and application of office equipment including computers, printers scanners, photocopiers, faxes etc
- Ability to work with and accommodate different management styles
- Tact and patience in dealing with the general public and colleagues
- Minimum 2 years experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of book keeping systems
- Experience of processing salaries and wages
- Experience of monitoring spreadsheets
- Experience of maintaining accounts and the submission of financial claims and verifications
All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
Further appointments may be made from this competition should positions become vacant which have similar duties and responsibilities.
Please email or telephone REACT for further information, job descriptions and application forms.
2 Mallview Terrace
Armagh Armagh BT61 9AN