The first floor at Cathedral Road was refurbished in partnership with, and is managed by the West Armagh Consortium (WAC). This consortium is an affiliation of community groups from the West Armagh area.
WAC aims are:
- to provide local community groups with a forum to support their everyday dealings with statutory bodies
- to galvanise local resources to provide services and projects
- to benefit the wider community.
The WAC have a large function room which is available to rent to individuals and community groups. The spacious hall has an adjoining kitchen. It can easily accommodate meetings, seminars, arts, crafts and educational classes, birthday parties and fitness classes.
To hire the first floor function room contact the WAC on 028 3752 2759 or 07826 246 680. Revenue raised though this rental is reinvested back into the community.
If the Centre is being used it is staffed at the following times:
- Monday - 9.00am to 10.00pm
- Tuesday - 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 10.00pm
- Wednesday - 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 10.00pm
- Thursday - 12.30pm to 10.30pm
- Friday - 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday as per advance booking.